The XX Congress of the WAER "The Education and the Formation facing the great challenges of our time" of the year 2020 will be held in the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires of the Argentine Republic. The City of Buenos Aires is well connected by air, with direct international flights to cities around the world, such as Paris, New York, Frankfurt and Sydney, as well as to most of the major cities in South America.
When planning your stay, we recommend you consider certain key points to organize the trip properly. The city of Buenos Aires has two (2) airports:
A. Aeropuerto Internacional Ministro Pistarini also known as Aeropuerto Internacional de Ezeiza.
This airport is located 35 km southwest of the City of Buenos Aires and most international long-distance flights arrive at this airport. To get from the airport to the city center there are two options:
- a. Take private transportation called "taxis" or "remises" with an approximate cost of 1500.- Argentine pesos (35.- Euros). It is advisable to take the precaution of hiring the companies that are inside the airport and not to take taxis that are parked outside the airport.
- Take a bus "shuttle" from the connection service that goes from the airport to the city center. It is called Manuel Tienda León (www.tiendaleon.com/home/) with a cost of 370.- Argentine pesos (approximately 10.- euros). From the terminal of the Center, called "Puerto Madero", you must take a "taxi" or "remise" to the selected hotel or lodging.
B. Aeroparque Metropolitano Jorge Newbery, also known as Aeroparque.
This airport is located within the City of Buenos Aires, 2 km from the neighborhood "Palermo". This airport can be accessed with the following means of transport to go from the airport to the accommodation:
- Bus lines: BABus, 33, 37, 45 y 160
- Taxis or remises: This airport is located within the City of Buenos Aires, 2 km from the neighborhood there are several companies that offer the transfer service to and from the airport.
- Car Rental: Several companies offer this service.
To go to the airport from any accommodation you can take the buses and the remises but there is also the taxi service. With any taxi from anywhere in the City you can get to the Metropolitan Airport.
About the currency
Information to change money:https://turismo.buenosaires.gob.ar/es/article/tips-para-cambiar-dinero